Monday, May 9, 2011

The Breakfast Diaries

The last two weeks I've regretted not taking pictures of the wonderful food I've been eating. Yesterday, I put new batteries in my camera (it eats up batteries like M&Ms, you know?) and took pictures of my breakfast, plus my dinner from tonight--which was served, I found out later, on a Minnie Mouse/Lady and the Tramp kid's plate!! What a fun sight to see after finishing my meal...

Tomorrow evening, I return to Saigon and will live with my host family for one week until it is time to come home. I am sad to leave my friends, Mr. Hien and Mr. Duy--and of course, Thi, Thu, Thien, and Tram. They were all so wonderful to me. It's a shame I couldn't spend more time with them--as many are seniors and are writing theses and preparing for graduation. However, tomorrow afternoon, I will be fortunate enough to have my last meal in Hue city with my Hien and Duy--two people who have been invaluable to my research efforts. I can't thank them enough for their help, and will never forget them. Luckily in this day and age we have email and facebook, so it won't be difficult at all to keep in touch with them!

Anyway, let's commence with the photos:

My delicious lovely breakfast for $2 USD--TAKE THAT, DENNY'S!!

my deep fried heaven...

eggies!!

Now, there was supposed to be a picture of a delicious fruit salad here, but blogger wouldn't load it. I will try again later.

:D

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, what is that fried goodness? also, dragonfruit!

    ReplyDelete